Our Giving Philosophy
While all cancer research is very important, the Michael J. Dunleavy Foundation focuses on childhood cancers and brain tumor research as well as treatment and assistance for children and families afflicted with this illness. All proceeds go to support these types of research or to organizations that assist families during these difficult times. We rely on our volunteer organization and donations from both public and private sources to insure that the highest possible amounts are given to support our goals.
What We've Achieved
- A tremendous local and social following through the annual white-collar boxing fundraiser, A Bout to Benefit.
- International awareness and support through 12—and counting!—Annual Five Mile Walk & Road Races in Doolin, County Clare, Ireland.
- Support for our local hospitals with donations to the Michael Dunleavy Memorial Pediatric Brain Tumor Fund at Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Community outreach through the support for Camp Sunshine in Casco, ME, helping them expand their programs with numerous contributions.
- Continued community involvement through the organization of concerts, golf tournaments, and other events to raise funds for the cause.